Sunday, July 28, 2013

Great Weekend . 26-28 July 2013 . Canopy Garden Dining & Bar

I was very lazy to blog about my recent dining places but yesterday, I met up with my secondary school friends, one of them named Shawn mentioned to me that my blog has no more update (= dead)... Hence, I shall write a post regarding my great weekend spent with friends, as well as a review of Canopy Garden Dining & Bar (Sunday, 28 Jul) after 4 visits.

Friday 26 Jul
Watched a movie titled Disconnect. The movie was quite boring, I'd rate it 4.0/10.0 as there's no exciting scene and its focus was more on values and morals. It's worse than Wolverine, which I watched on Thursday, 25 Jul. At least Wolverine featured my favourite car, Audi R8. =P We bought Mcdonald's for dinner before going into the cinema and got a Hello Kitty toy by surprise cos we bought Happy Meal instead of other regulars. Happy happy!


Minions and Hello Kitty from Mcdonald's Happy Meals

Complimentary Birthday Cake from Starbucks
Ended the day with a free New York Cheese Cake from Starbucks as July is my birthday month. =)


Saturday 27 Jul
O-M-G, I've finally 'mastered' the art of drawing thin eye-liner!! I seldom put on make up (even zero make up with spectacles when I go to work everyday) so I really SUCK at 'painting' my face. However, miracle happened today. I swear this is the nicest eye-liner I've ever drawn for myself. For those make-up pros out there, I know this is still super amateur to you, but let me 'shiok' for awhile can?? Hahaha.

#OOTD - Hello Kitty Necklace from Poh Heng Jewellery, a birthday gift from BF, and a flowery dress from Taiwan

Marche - Roasted Chicken Crepe

Starbucks - Tall Signature Hot Chocolate and Venti Green Tea Latte
Sat was just a simple night out with sec school friends at Vivo City. Jiamin & her bf drove me home after the short meet-up. Thanks! It's great to have a car but Singapore's cars are tooooo expensive!


Sunday 28 Jul - Canopy Garden Dining & Bar
Canopy Garden Dining
Bishan Park II 
1382 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 
Singapore 569931

Tel: 6556 1533 

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri : 9am - 10pm 
Sat, Sun, Eve of Public Holidays & Public Holidays: 8am - 11pm

It's been pretty long since my last brunch on a Sunday. Canopy Garden Dining & Bar has always been one of my favourite brunch restaurant as they serve good poached eggs dishes, chillax ambience and even allow diners to bring their pets along as they have both indoor and outdoor sittings. We arrived at about 11.40am, took the last outdoor table available as the couple in front of us prefer to sit indoor. Yes the weather was freaking hot this afternoon. You may want to make reservation if you wish to secure an indoor table.

Canopy's Entrance

Outdoor Sitting

Brunch Menu

Eggs Royale

I love eggs!! I know of people who doesn't like egg at all, and they'll probably find this pic disgusting. =X

I would prefer Canopy's poached eggs to that of Wild Honey's. Firstly the taste was better (to me), secondly Canopy was more affordable than Wild Honey and thirdly the environment gives a more relaxing feel at Canopy. Do give it a try! :)

Just trimmed my fringe this morning

Hello!!

Snapped this picture while the dog was spinning his head. So cute!! He looked more like a bear now.

#Throwback to 19 Jul, we had our 14th month dinner at Canopy as well. The dinner menu had lesser choices than that of brunch's. We ordered Chilli Crab Pasta and Salami Pizza to share.

Chilli Crab Pasta

Salami Pizza
The pizza and pasta were pretty decent! I will certainly return for dinner. I was quite impressed by Canopy as they are actually good in both brunch and dinner. Canopy should actually give me some credits or vouchers for promoting their dishes! Hahaha. If you love pets, especially dogs, you should take a stroll around Bishan Park after your meal as there will be quite a lot of adorable dogs gathering at a common area. I've been wishing for a pet dog since young but my mum doesn't approve it even till now. =(

Anyway, I'm planning to have a short getaway during the week of National Day, everything's still pending for now. Hopefully it will come true, then I will have a new topic for my next blog post. Have a great week ahead! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment