Sunday, July 7, 2013

23rd Birthday Celebration - Da Paolo Ristorante at Club Street on 4 July 2013

This was my first time spending the first 10-11 hours of my birthday out of Singapore, in Surabaya (Indonesia) as well as on the plane back home. I was on a business trip to Surabaya 2-4 July 2013 and it was actually scheduled 3-5 July but my manager was kind enough to reschedule it so that I can return back to Singapore on my birthday. =) My colleagues were so nice to get me a cute pink little cupcake from Twelves Cupcakes together with a loaded Starbucks card!! Thank you!! ^^ ShuJuan got me a personal gift from Crabtree & Evelyn. Thank you girl! =)

Gifts from Colleagues

Thank you ShuJuan!!

I met the most ridiculous taxi uncle while I took a taxi back home from the office. He spoke hell lots of nonsense, full of himself and even brought me to the wrong location! He didn't even offer to give me discount. I was extremely tired and sick of him that I never bother to argue with him about the taxi fare. It was $3 more than usual. My lift was working fine when I got home, but it was faulty when I left the house again. I had to take the stairs down while wearing high-heels. Super unlucky as of 4th July 2013. ='(

On the way to Da Paolo Restaurante at 80 Club Street (Tel: 62247081).


I love Singapore's City View

Lovely Marina Bay Sands

I may not have collected all the Hello Kitties from the recent Mcdonald's sales, I've got a Kitty necklace! I saw the necklace from Poh Heng Jewellery few months back and it was too expensive so I didn't get it. THANK YOU!!


da paolo: Fine Dining Setting

Very nice ambience, recommended for romantic dates!

Beautiful Hello Kitty casing for the necklace!! It is quite heavy!! I love the jewel details at the kitty's ribbon! :)

Free Bread!! Unlimited servings I guessed, 'cause the waiter asked us if we needed more.

Appetizer: Caprese - The vegetables and cheese were so fresh and delicious! (SGD 18 before taxes)

Tagliatelle Granchio - Pasta with Crabmeat and Vodka (SGD 24 before taxes)
I had the exact same pasta (Tagliatelle Granchio) few years back at the same restaurant and it still taste as awesome! The sauce was super yummy and the only small thing to nag about was the overpowering taste of the crab meat (real crab meat).

Paccheri Brianza - Mushrooms Pasta (SGD 28 before taxes)
Paccheri Brianza - nothing will ever go wrong with mushrooms!! The sauce was so nice! Da Paolo serves one of the best pasta out of all the restaurants I've visited in Singapore. Wheeee~

The waitress brought out a Tiramisu cake shortly after I got back from the washroom.

Happy 23rd Birthday to me

Making a record number of wishes this year

Tiramisu with a nice strawberry cut-out into rose :)

Tiramisu (SGD 13 before taxes)

Exterior of da paolo

#OOTD - Black top from Hong Kong (Granville Road) & Rainbow Skirt from Taipei (Shilin Night Market)




We headed on to our favourite night-chilling place after the sumptuous dinner - Marina Bay Sands. Sitting outside of MBS, breathing in the fresh air, enjoying the breeze while admiring at the all the tall nicely lighted buildings was so relaxing. =) However the sky turned red after awhile and we had to head back home. Why people don't get a day off on their birthday? HAHA I know it's ridiculous.


Sky's turning red

I would like to thank everyone for the kind wishes on all social media platforms. Thank you making my birthdays so memorable every year. Thank you my colleagues for the mini surprise. Thank you Mum for bringing me into this world 23 years ago. I've aged, still young I know, but whenever people ask me how old am I, I had to think for a few seconds to even remember my age. Haha, I bet people really age damn fast after they've turned 21.

I'd been traveling way too much ever since I started working in an aviation industry. Staff tickets are cheap!! Can't blame me okay!! I love traveling, I love to see the world and memories are priceless. I spent quite some time reflecting while I was in Taiwan alone two weeks ago. I am very blessed to have what I have now. I may not be rich or perfect, I am happy to be the person I am now and I will strive to be even better. =)

Hello Kitty Necklace from Poh Heng Jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment